Competitive pay and additional benefits to be discussed upon inquiry
Holland Lake Lodge is small guest lodge that provides guests with excellent service to rival the views of the surrounding lake and mountains. Staff performance impacts every guest’s experience, and is therefore crucial to the success of the Lodge. We look for people who enjoy natural beauty, have an interest in making other people’s experience special, are team players, and are willing to pitch in anywhere.
The executive chef oversees the operation and management of the kitchen at Holland Lake Lodge.
- Minimum of three years previous experience as a chef
- Previous training in culinary arts to create courmet food that is current, tasteful & simple
- Capable of creating and planning menus and figuring menu pricing
- Ability to maintain consistency and quality of product
- Proficiency in maintaining inventory and ordering of product
- Efficient with time management and portion control
- Ability to manage kitchen labor and food costs
- Strong leadership skills in operation and management of the kitchen
- Capable of short order cooking and catering for large events
- Strong communication skills and ability to be a team player
- Conscious of and able to maintain high health standards and food safety codes
- Enthusiastic attitude in the workplace towards guests and other staff
- Capable of training, hiring and supervision of other kitchen staff
- Strong person qualities of being honest, responsible, hardworking & loyal
Communication skills desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all others
- Leadership abilities: motivate, train, and counsel staff
- Conflict management skills
- Willingness to be autonomous but communicate clearly with owner
Behavioral, emotional, physical, and mental requirements:
Must be able to wear many hats, enjoy fast-paced, multi-tasking, detail-heavy responsibilities. It is necessary to be calm and even-tempered, deal with open ended scenarios, problem-solve, take initiative, and pace yourself seasonally as well as day-to-day. This is an extremely active position. It involves long, full days.